Wednesday, November 10, 2010

leaving

As the end of Winter quarter approaches, I am getting more and more anxious. After February, I realize that I will not be seeing any of my friends and family for at least half a year. I don't know anyone doing the EAP study abroad program with me, but I think that is the whole point. I've been sheltered and surrounded by the same people and experiences my whole life, and I need to get out of my comfort zone. I won't be able to just drive home on the weekend just because I feel like it; perhaps I won't even have access to an actual toilet. For the first time, I won't have control of my surroundings. I'm scared, but the best life experiences have no plans, and no rules.

Life, I have just one question for you: Can the days pass by a little slower?

No comments: