Thursday, November 11, 2010

procrastination part two

Can't sleep, but don't want to start my English paper.

Since I will have extra time after this quarter, I want to start working on something I've thought about for awhile. I've always loved writing, especially fiction and narratives, and my life goal is to become a "New Age" Amy Tan. If David Sedaris and Amy Tan had a baby...

I want to publish a set of short stories, and I have a concept/vision for it right now.

Will be posting them here shortly.

-------

On another note, just saw this German film in my Comparative Literature class, and fell absolutely in love.



Here's the trailer. It's set in 1989, early 1990s during the fall of the Berlin Wall. The director did an excellent job blending historical film with the film's narrative, and I love the creative story line. It's almost like "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." The play on re-memory and memory is a very intriguing concept, and the director does an excellent job of creating ambiguity throughout the film. He does not force feed you anything, and the viewer must come to his or her own conclusions about the mother's state of mind. The score for the film was done exceptionally well.

No comments: