Thursday, October 20, 2011

DJ Mag Top 100: Disgust



DJ Mag...you chose David Guetta as #1??!?! This is the face you have chosen to represent EDM. It makes our music look like a joke. I don't understand. This must be some kind of joke right? I guess what the Mayans predicted was true: The world is coming to an end in 2012. Now that EDM has become a mainstream commodity, douchebags like David Guetta are being hailed as #1... This just seems wrong to me. Meanwhile, Above and Beyond is at #5, only 2 places above.. Afrojack?! I wouldn't even put Above and Beyond and Afrojack in the same sentence. Afrojack does not deserve that honor.

Gareth Emery... #13...??
Sander Vandoorn... #16...??
WHERE IS SUPER8&TAB?????
But... David Gueta... #1?!!? Any of the top 20 is better than David Guetta. 17 year old Juventa makes David Guetta look like a joke...yet he is not on top 20. In fact, I bet Juventa made better music than Guetta when the kid was just 12. Shouldn't a musical prodigy like that be applauded?!!? Nope because everyone is too busy listening to shit from Guetta and the likes of Usher and Nicki Minaj.

I'm appalled, but I wouldn't say I'm surprised. I'm just...disgusted. America, you have terrible taste in music. #Long live trance

No comments: