Monday, October 3, 2011

trance is really around the world.

Monster Massive 2011 is coming up. This means only one thing to me: Armin Only. An 8 hour set of pure trance euphoria, from the one and only Armin Van Buren.

In preparation for this glorious event, I started to search online for the classic "Armin Van Buren" T-shirt.



After finding this shirt, I realized something. I had seen this shirt somewhere before. Yes it is a relatively common shirt, but the specific place where I last saw this shirt is what is important. While I was studying abroad in Shanghai, a student from the University of Mexico wore this "Armin Van Buren" T-shirt to class. I approached him, surprised, and asked, "YOU listen to Armin Van Buren?" We had a brief conversation about trance music, and the different artists we listened to, and who were our favorites. That's when I realized: trance is one of great genres that transcends age, backgrounds, and cultures. It is truly universal music that really brings our world together.

No comments: